Life Preserver Meat Loaves
An old standby gets a new look when formed into rings to resemble life preservers. Place a little ketchup and mustard in separate resealable plastic bags to easily pipe fast, flavorful markings on the moist mini meat loaves.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Ketchup and mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into six balls; flatten slightly. Make a
- hole in the center of each ball with the end of a wooden spoon
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer
- pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Decorate with ketchup
- and mustard. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with egg substitute and fat-free milk; calculated without ketchup and mustard) equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.