Life Preserver Meat Loaves Recipe
An old standby gets a new look when formed into rings to resemble life preservers. Place a little ketchup and mustard in separate resealable plastic bags to easily pipe fast, flavorful markings on the moist mini meat loaves.
- 1 egg
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Ketchup and mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six balls; flatten slightly. Make a hole in the center of each ball with the end of a wooden spoon handle.
- 2. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Decorate with ketchup and mustard. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 274 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1056mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Life Preserver Meat Loaves
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC