Life Preserver Meat Loaves Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Ketchup and mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into six balls; flatten slightly. Make a hole in the center of each ball with the end of a wooden spoon handle.
- 2. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Decorate with ketchup and mustard. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (prepared with egg substitute and fat-free milk; calculated without ketchup and mustard) equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 1,056 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.