Licorice Cookie Strips Recipe
If you like the flavor of licorice, you'll love these crispy cookies. When our six children were young, I often made them for lunches or after-school snacks. Flattening the dough logs with a fork gives them a pretty look. Once they're baked, it's a breeze to cut them into strips.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons aniseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Divide dough into 10 portions; shape each into a 12-in. log. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork to 1/4-in. thickness.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; cut diagonally into 1-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 8 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 100 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC