Licorice Cookie Strips Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons aniseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Divide dough into 10 portions; shape each into a 12-in. log. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork to 1/4-in. thickness.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; cut diagonally into 1-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 8 dozen.
2 each: 100 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Licorice Cookie Strips
"My husband's favorite is black licorice, so I had to try these. Now I have to make them at least once a month. You simply MUST eat them with vanilla ice-cream - it's outrageously luscious!"