Licorice Cookie Strips Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons aniseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Divide dough into 10 portions; shape each into a 12-in. log. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork to 1/4-in. thickness.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; cut diagonally into 1-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 8 dozen.
2 each: 100 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Licorice Cookie Strips
"My husband's favorite is black licorice, so I had to try these. Now I have to make them at least once a month. You simply MUST eat them with vanilla ice-cream - it's outrageously luscious!"