- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons aniseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Divide dough into 10 portions; shape each into a 12-in. log. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes; cut diagonally into 1-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Licorice Cookie Strips in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p32
Reviews for Licorice Cookie Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 8, 2011
"My husband's favorite is black licorice, so I had to try these. Now I have to make them at least once a month. You simply MUST eat them with vanilla ice-cream - it's outrageously luscious!"