Licorice Caramel Candy Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/3 cups light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons anise extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red paste food coloring
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- 2. In a heavy Dutch oven, combine the sugar, 1-1/2 cups cream and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stirring constantly. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage). Gradually add remaining cream; return to a boil, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 248° (firm-ball stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in extract and food coloring. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape pan). Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1 pound (about 4 dozen).
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Licorice Caramel Candy
"These are wonderful. I made a lot of them for a party and they were a hit. I wrapped each one in waxed paper which was time consuming, but they are worth it."
"I love the taste of this candy recipe...however I could not get it to set well enough to cut it into pieces...I would like to say that I would make it again, but it is not a cheep recipe to make, so I'll probably pass on making it again, unless someone could tell me what I did wrong as to why it would not set..."
"I had never made caramels before, but I love licorice toffee and had to try this recipe. It was very easy and is delicious! I did not add food coloring because I prefer natural foods."