Lick-the-Bowl-Clean Hummus Recipe
- 2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Baked pita chips or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, saute onions in 1/4 cup oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Transfer to a food processor; add the beans, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Lick-the-Bowl-Clean Hummus(10)
Sort By :
So so so good. Follow the recipe exactly it's worth it!
other then not using tahini oil (dont know what it was) made it the way it was said and loved it! if you like garlic and onion then you'll love this!!
I would add more garlic.
Best hummus EVER! Friends who don't typically like hummus ask for the recipe. You really don't need the entire 1/3 c. oil when processing. I replace the tahini with 1/4 c. fat-free greek yogurt. You will seriously lick the bowl clean!-Lesleigh Baden
I have made this recipe about six times. It has been my food assignment at family gatherings since I brought it the first time for the super bowl. I like to add extra lemon, salt, red pepper, and cumin to it. about an 1/8 tsp red pepper and 2 tsp of cumin. But I always end up adding more to taste.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Hummus >
- Hummus Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Appetizers >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >