Li'l Pecan Pies Recipe
These tempting little tarts have all the rich traditional taste of a full-size pecan pie in a much smaller package. The tarts are perfect for two. —Christine Boitos, Livonia, Michigan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 6-in. circle. Transfer to two 4-1/2-in. tart pans; fit pastry into pans, trimming if necessary. Arrange pecans in shells.
- 3. In another small bowl, whisk egg, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Pour over pecans. Place shells on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 734 calories, 34 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 104 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Li'l Pecan Pies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC