- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1/3 cup pecan halves
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 6-in. circle. Transfer to two 4-1/2-in. tart pans; fit pastry into pans, trimming if necessary. Arrange pecans in shells.
- In another small bowl, whisk egg, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Pour over pecans. Place shells on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Li'l Pecan Pies in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p11
Reviews for Li'l Pecan Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2011
"My husband and I loved these and I will definitely be making them again. I baked them in my small pyrex glass bowls and it worked out perfectly."