My kids just loved helping put the marshmallow "teeth" between the apple slices when I made these years ago. I usually made them with red apples but green apples would be a playful alternative. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 1 medium red apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- Cut apple into 16 wedges; toss with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, cream cheese and cinnamon until blended. Spread about 2 teaspoons onto one side of half of the apple slices; top each with a second slice, pressing to form lips. If desired, press marshmallows onto peanut butter for teeth. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Li'l Lips in Taste of Home September/October 2013
Reviews for Li'l Lips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review