Li'l Lips Recipe
My kids just loved helping put the marshmallow "teeth" between the apple slices when I made these years ago. I usually made them with red apples but green apples would be a playful alternative. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 medium red apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- 1. Cut apple into 16 wedges; toss with lemon juice.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, cream cheese and cinnamon until blended. Spread about 2 teaspoons onto one side of half of the apple slices; top each with a second slice, pressing to form lips. If desired, press marshmallows onto peanut butter for teeth. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without marshmallows) equals 64 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC