My kids just loved helping put the marshmallow "teeth" between the apple slices when I made these years ago. I usually made them with red apples but green apples would be a playful alternative. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium red apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Miniature marshmallows, optional
- Cut apple into 16 wedges; toss with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, cream cheese and cinnamon until
- blended. Spread about 2 teaspoons onto one side of half of the apple
- slices; top each with a second slice, pressing to form lips. If
- desired, press marshmallows onto peanut butter for teeth.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without marshmallows) equals 64 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.