Lettuce with Raspberry Dressing Recipe
My husband and I have been married almost 40 years, and we have 10 children and half a dozen grandchildren. So I'm used to cooking for crowds! We live out in the country on a small acreage with a big garden. Our daughter enjoys making different kinds of vinegar, and helping her to use them up is how this recipe came about. It always draws umm-umm-good reviews when I serve it at family potlucks or with a casserole and rolls.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 6 cups leaf lettuce, washed, drained and chilled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. Whisk together the first five dressing ingredients; fold in raspberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Place lettuce in salad bowl; add walnuts. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings (3/4 cup dressing).
3/4 cup: 157 calories, 13g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 0 fruit, 2 fat.
Reviews for Lettuce with Raspberry Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC