Lettuce with Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe
I plant lettuce in my garden, so this is a recipe I make often. It's a nice change from a regular tossed salad.
- 5 bacon strips
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings. In a large bowl, combine the greens, eggs, onions and bacon. Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; bring to a boil. Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 158 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Lettuce with Hot Bacon Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC