I plant lettuce in my garden, so this is a recipe I make often. It's a nice change from a regular tossed salad.
- 5 bacon strips
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon; crumble and set aside. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings. In a large bowl, combine the greens, eggs, onions and bacon. Add remaining ingredients to the drippings; bring to a boil. Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lettuce with Hot Bacon Dressing in Country August/September 1999, p51
Reviews for Lettuce with Hot Bacon Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review