Lettuce with Cream Dressing
"THIS IS one of my mom's original recipes. Though it is very simple to make this dressing, the sweet-sour combination plus the tang of the onion seems to convince people there is some secret ingredient. All my daughters now make this salad as standard fare in their homes."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups torn leaf or iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. In a small bowl, stir together sugar,
- vinegar and cream or sour cream until sugar dissolves and dressing
- is smooth. Stir in green onion. Just before serving, pour over
- lettuce; toss lightly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/3 cups) equals 96 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.