Lettuce Salad with Warm Dressing Recipe
It's fun to share a different kind of tossed salad. The warm, tangy dressing wilts the greens in the most delicious way. Almonds provide a bit of crunch to round out this colorful side dish.
- 1 large bunch green leaf lettuce, torn (about 12 cups)
- 1 large bunch red leaf lettuce, torn (about 12 cups)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 1/2 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss lettuce, mushrooms, onions and bacon if desired. In a small saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Just before serving, drizzle warm dressing over the salad; toss to coat. Yield: 18 servings.
1 cup: 68 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lettuce Salad with Warm Dressing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC