- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted cashews
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- In a large skillet, saute the shallot, ginger and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, broth, coconut milk, curry powder, pepper flakes and remaining lime juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and sauce is slightly reduced, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp; heat through. Garnish with cashews and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Let's Get Together Thai Shrimp
Sort By :
"i have made this dish for several dinners and for friends. it's one of the best dishes i've ever had"
"This is dish is amazing! I double it every time. I used chicken instead and that worked great!"
"This is a fabulous meal! I made it just for myself and had to FORCE myself to save half the meal for later....it was SO tasty."
"Very nice light flavor."
"Excellent! We thought it was really good. I served it with stir fried vegtables. Will triple it and make it for company next time and maybe add some edamame and serve it with potstickers and pad thai."