- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted cashews
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- In a large skillet, saute the shallot, ginger and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, broth, coconut milk, curry powder, pepper flakes and remaining lime juice to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and sauce is slightly reduced, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp; heat through. Garnish with cashews and cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Let's Get Together Thai Shrimp
Sort By :
i have made this dish for several dinners and for friends. it's one of the best dishes i've ever had
A good, solid recipe although not much different some of the other Thai/curry dishes I've made. I used vegetable broth and am going to make it again using tofu to have a complete vegetarian meal.
This is dish is amazing! I double it every time. I used chicken instead and that worked great!
This is a fabulous meal! I made it just for myself and had to FORCE myself to save half the meal for later....it was SO tasty.
Very nice light flavor.