Les Truffles au Chocolat
These decadent dipped balls have the wonderful combination of chocolate and orange. If it's more convenient, make them a day ahead of time and store them in the fridge overnight to chill.Sally Gregg, Twinsburg, Ohio
36 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the
- heat. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cream, orange juice
- concentrate and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until
- Working quickly, shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa. Store in an
- airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 truffle equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.