These decadent dipped balls have the wonderful combination of chocolate and orange. If it's more convenient, make them a day ahead of time and store them in the fridge overnight to chill.—Sally Gregg, Twinsburg, Ohio
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cream, orange juice concentrate and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
- Working quickly, shape into 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Les Truffles au Chocolat in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p69
Reviews for Les Truffles au Chocolat
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review