Leprechaun Lime Punch Recipe
- 5-3/4 cups refrigerated citrus punch
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 quart lime sherbet, softened
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 5 drops green food coloring
- Lime slices
- 1. In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine the citrus punch, limeade, sugar, lime juice and sherbet; stir until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Add soda and food coloring; stir to mix. Float lime slices on top. Serve immediately. Yield: 20-24 servings (1 gallon).
3/4 cup: 128 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Leprechaun Lime Punch
"We didn't like this with the citrus punch, rather with tropicana tropical punch. It changes the color just slightly since the tropical punch is a red base and the citrus is an orange base...but it tasted a lot better."
"Excellent Taste and Color. Easy and simple to make."
"This recipe was very fun for St. Patrick's Day. I used regular old Sunny D because the jug says it is "citrus punch." I left out the sugar, and I think without the lime juice that would have been fine, but I did use a lot of fresh lime juice and think the sugar would have balanced the sour. I used Great Value fat free lime sherbert, Twist Up (cheaper than 7Up or Sprite!) and Great Value limeade. I also forgot the food coloring and was afraid the orange Sunny D would mix with the green to make brown, but instead it stayed a pleasant, cheerful bright green. I will definitely make this again because I can't stand ginger ale punches!"
"This looks good. Tampico makes a Citrus Punch that is a blend of Orange, Tangerine, and Lemon. Sunny D is another possibility with their Orange Fused Peach Punch. Walmart also carries a line of citrus punchs"
"I would like to make this recipe but what type of "citrus punch" am I looking for? Frozen, in dairy section, brand? What works best? Thanks!"
"probably my favorite punch that I have ever had. I made for a party I had around St Patrick's Day. I plan on making for an upcoming baby shower. Love it!"
"What kind of citrus punch do you use? I already see limeade as the other ingredient. and a lemon lime soda is used can someone tell me what to use?"