- 1 quart lime sherbet, softened
- 1/2 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1 to 2 cups crushed iced
- Lemon slices and lime spirals, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the sherbet, limeade and sugar until blended. Stir in soda and ice. Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with lemon slices and lime spirals if desired. Yield: 7 cups.
Reviews for Leprechaun Lime Drink
"This was sweet and tangy, but a great St. Patty's Day treat. I might even be inclined to make this on a hot, sunny day for the kiddos. This is a super easy treat!!"
"SO yummy! I made this for my St. Patrick's day meal yesterday, everyone loved it! I only added 1 tablespoon of sugar. To crush my ice, I placed about 16 or so ice cubes in a plastic bag and pounded it on a cutting board with a meat mallet. Be sure to add to the drink just before serving. Be sure to have water and extra cups on hand because the drink is sweet, water is nice to have too. Overall, very pretty and perfect for st. patrick's day!"
"Juuust so you know, leprechauns aren't elves."
"Luck of the Irish!"
"I served this recipe at last year's Saint Patrick's Day party. It was a big hit! It is also easy to prepare."
"We made a 5 gallon cooler for a St. Pat's luncheon we had at work. We didn't add the sugar, but to cut the tart flavor of the lime we added vanilla ice cream in addition to the lime sherbet. We served it to 90 people and everyone love it! Very refreshing."
"this is great"
"I've had this recipe for years. I've substituted diet lemon lime soda and left out the sugar. Still taste great."