"Here is one good-for-you dish that our kids really enjoy," Joy Maynard writes from St. Ignatius, Montana. Serve this tasty soup as a hearty meatless entree...or pair it with a favorite sandwich.
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the potato, tomato, carrot and celery; cover and simmer 30 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lentil Vegetable Soup in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p54
Reviews for Lentil Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review