- Just before serving, stir cream into slow cooker. In a small skillet,
- heat butter over medium heat. Add cumin seeds; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until golden brown. Add to lentil mixture.
- To serve, spoon over rice. Sprinkle with green onions or cilantro if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 1-1/3 cups stew with 3/4 cup rice equals 499 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 448 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 17 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.