Lentil Stew Recipe
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef, cooked and drained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large saucepan, bring the lentils, water and bouillon to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes longer or until lentils and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lentil Stew
Sort By :
This was so simple to make and was delicious and filling!
Delicious and ridiculously easy! My family loves it.
what a wonderful weekday dish. comes together with little effort. tastes great and is very warm and satisfying on a winter's night. a keeper. (did substitute low sodium beef broth for water & bouillon cube. added no salt seasoning blend. so we could feel pretty healthy too!
We're trying to eat healthier so I tried this recipe. I did add a can of diced tomatoes and a little salt and pepper. We loved it and would definitely make it again.