- 1/2 pound bulk Italian turkey sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, lentils, bouillon and red pepper flakes. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in spinach, cook 3-5 minutes longer or until spinach is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Lentil Spinach Soup(3)
Sort By :
I make this this soup and it was great, but I did add a few extra things. I was feeling more creative that day so I used 2 hot turkey italian sausage and added some chopped carrots, red, yellow and red peppers, red lentils, 4 cups of vegetable broth, and fresh spinach.
Great soup! I double the recipe but left the spinich at the one bag. Everyone eat seconds. It was even better warmed up the next day for lunch. Will make this again soon.
I absolutely love this soup!The ingredients are so simple,but,it has great flavor and it is healthy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >