"Lentils are packed with protein and are an easy change of pace from beans in soup," relates Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California.
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian turkey sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, lentils, bouillon and red pepper flakes. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in spinach, cook 3-5 minutes longer or until spinach is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Lentil Spinach Soup in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p11
Reviews for Lentil Spinach Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review