Lentil Soup Recipe
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring lentils and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil; add to saucepan. Add the tomatoes, carrots, thyme and marjoram. Cook 30 minutes longer or until lentils and vegetables are tender. Yield: about 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 142 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 712mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Lentil Soup
"As previously reviewed this is a very nice recipe. A good soup recipe to throw together on a cold northeast night. I did not have fresh tomatoes on hand so I used a can 14.5 oz of diced tomatoes, which I drained. Again a very nice, tasty recipe."
"This was so easy to make and had great flavor"