Lentil Pepperoni Stew Recipe
Turkey pepperoni nicely spices this thick lentil stew with its rich tomato broth. "This is a 'stick-to-your-ribs' mainstay at our house," says Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida.
- 6 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups lentils, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound sliced turkey pepperoni, quartered
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, combine the water, lentils, onion, pepperoni, tomato paste and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, celery and carrot; cover and simmer 35-45 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lentil Pepperoni Stew in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lentil Pepperoni Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2014
A nice, easy, and tasty stew that the whole family enjoyed. Great for a simple dinner.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Stews >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >