Lentil Chili Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (49 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups lentils, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 278 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 918mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 12g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Lentil Chili
"Easy recipe, comfort food, not too spicy."