Cumin and chili powder perk up this saucy lentil and ground turkey blend from Noel Egert Diebel of Richland, Washington.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (49 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups lentils, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lentil Chili in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p33
Reviews for Lentil Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2012
"Easy recipe, comfort food, not too spicy."