Lentil Chicken Salad
A great way to use lentils is in this satisfying salad. Besides the combination of textures, the tasty ingredients blend well with the creamy dressing. It merited a blue ribbon and praise from all the tasters at our church fair.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, salsa, onions and lemon juice. Pour over
- salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 435 calories, 38 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now