Lentil Burritos Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain if necessary.
- 2. Stir in the zucchini, taco sauce and cheese. Place about 1/2 cupfuls down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 burritos.
One serving equals 237 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.