This hearty and healthy soup will warm your family up right down to their toes! It’s packed with veggies and warm tastes of autumn. Serve with cornbread or rolls to soak up every last morsel. —Jan Valdez, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until lentils are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lentil & Chicken Sausage Stew in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p33
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lentil & Chicken Sausage Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review