- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 fully cooked Johnsonville® Chicken Sausage Cajun Style (3 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until lentils are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Lentil & Chicken Sausage Stew
Sort By :
Good, rich flavors. I added a 1/2 tsp each of cumin, summer savory, and rosemary.
Beware: using double-smoked sausage can overwhelm the other flavors in the soup. A spiced, single smoked sausage would be better.
Made it with the Italian chicken sausage from Meijer, and it was delicious. I forgot to start it this a.m. in the crock pot, so I cooked it on the stove. Turned out great.
Awesome i just added turkey pepperoni and the chicken sausage then some kale for more veggies and protien this was awesome thank you!!!
Excellent & easy.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Stew Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Lentil Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Sausage Soup >
- Slow Cooker Bean Soup >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >