- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 fully cooked Johnsonville® Chicken Sausage Cajun Style (3 ounces each), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until lentils are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lentil & Chicken Sausage Stew
Sort By :
Good, rich flavors. I added a 1/2 tsp each of cumin, summer savory, and rosemary.
Beware: using double-smoked sausage can overwhelm the other flavors in the soup. A spiced, single smoked sausage would be better.
Made it with the Italian chicken sausage from Meijer, and it was delicious. I forgot to start it this a.m. in the crock pot, so I cooked it on the stove. Turned out great.
Awesome i just added turkey pepperoni and the chicken sausage then some kale for more veggies and protien this was awesome thank you!!!
Excellent & easy.