Lemony Zucchini Bread Recipe
Flecks of zucchini give a third dimension to the popular lemon and poppy seed combination in this moist quick bread from Carol Funk. She's a field editor from Richard, Saskatchewan.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, poppy seeds and lemon peel.
- 2. Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 187 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC