- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- White baking chocolate curls and lemon peel strips, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in white chocolate, flour, cream, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 65-85 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour . Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with white chocolate and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony White Chocolate Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Love this combination of flavors, and easy to make! Looking for the trick to making the outside walls smooth like the professionals. Any hints?"
"As is this is pretty good. I will "tweek" it next time. I already added a bit more lemon zest a little lemon extract and I replaced the cream with Limoncello. I want this to be just a little more lemony. Not much more just a little. I think a swirl of lemon curd would do it. I am already planning on making this again. The texture was perfect, I did not use a water bath but I reduced the oven temp by 25 degrees and baked a little longer. Worked perfectly."
"Time consuming to make, but quite delicious!"
"Everyone loved this! Even the one who doesn't like cheesecake said it was good."
"Great combination and balance of tart and sweet. My family really enjoys the white chocolate and lemon together. This recipe is easy to follow and always turns out right."