Lemony White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- White baking chocolate curls and lemon peel strips, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place a 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in white chocolate, flour, cream, lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- 4. Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 65-85 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour . Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with white chocolate and lemon peel if desired.
Freeze option: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze for future use. To use, thaw completely in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 637 calories, 45 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.