- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In a large
- saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, garlic
- and pepper flakes until blended. Whisk in broth until blended. Bring
- to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and peel;
- heat through. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add cheese
- sauce and asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pistachios,
- basil and additional cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now