- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. In a large
- saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, garlic
- and pepper flakes until blended. Whisk in broth until blended. Bring
- to a boil over medium-high heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, lemon juice and peel;
- heat through. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add cheese
- sauce and asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pistachios,
- basil and additional cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.