- crisp-tender. Drain and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrot, celery, broccoli, spinach,
- onion, tomato, yellow pepper, mushrooms, barley and beans. In a
- small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and toss
- to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 178 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.