Lemony Turkey Rice Soup
While growing up in Texas, I spent a lot of time helping my grandma cook. Lemon and cilantro add a deliciously different twist to turkey soup.
—Margarita Cuellar, East Chicago, Indiana
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, combine 5-1/2 cups of broth, soup, rice, turkey
- and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth.
- Gradually stir into hot soup. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened and heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon
- juice and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 166 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 1,012 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.