While growing up in Texas, I spent a lot of time helping my grandma cook. Lemon and cilantro add a deliciously different twist to turkey soup. —Margarita Cuellar, East Chicago, Indiana
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, combine 5-1/2 cups of broth, soup, rice, turkey and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Gradually stir into hot soup. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Lemony Turkey Rice Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p147
Reviews for Lemony Turkey Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review