Lemony Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Remove skin from turkey. Pat turkey dry with paper towels; spray turkey with cooking spray. Place breast side up in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Squeeze half of the lemon over turkey; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and garlic salt. Place lemon halves under turkey.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until meat is tender. Remove turkey and keep warm. Discard lemon.
- 3. For gravy, pour cooking liquid into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Gradually stir in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 14 servings.
4 ounces cooked turkey with 2 tablespoons gravy equals 154 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.