Lemony Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Remove skin from turkey. Pat turkey dry with paper towels; spray with cooking spray. Place breast side up in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Squeeze half of the lemon over turkey; sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic salt. Place lemon halves under turkey.
- 2. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 5-7 hours. Remove turkey and keep warm. Discard lemon.
- 3. For gravy, pour cooking liquid into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Gradually stir in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 14 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 154 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 34g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Lemony Turkey Breast
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer