- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Remove skin from turkey. Pat turkey dry with paper towels; spray with cooking spray. Place breast side up in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Squeeze half of the lemon over turkey; sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic salt. Place lemon halves under turkey.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 5-7 hours. Remove turkey and keep warm. Discard lemon.
- For gravy, pour cooking liquid into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Gradually stir in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Turkey Breast in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p27
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Lemony Turkey Breast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review