Lemony Turkey Breast Recipe
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Remove skin from turkey. Pat turkey dry with paper towels; spray turkey with cooking spray. Place breast side up in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Squeeze half of the lemon over turkey; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and garlic salt. Place lemon halves under turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until meat is tender. Remove turkey and keep warm. Discard lemon.
- For gravy, pour cooking liquid into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Gradually stir in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Turkey Breast in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p27
Reviews for Lemony Turkey Breast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >