- Fold in the bananas, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Spoon over
- crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
- For topping, combine reserved pineapple juice and enough water to
- measure 1 cup. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and
- pineapple juice mixture until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat
- until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs. Return all to the pan,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Transfer to a small bowl; cool completely. Fold in whipped
- cream. Spread over gelatin layer. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield:
- 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 279 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.