Lemony Tropic Layered Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 medium firm bananas, chopped
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, walnuts and brown sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, drain pineapple, reserving juice for topping. Set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Refrigerate until thickened, about 1 hour.
- 3. Fold in the bananas, marshmallows and reserved pineapple. Spoon over crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
- 4. For topping, combine reserved pineapple juice and enough water to measure 1 cup. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and pineapple juice mixture until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- 5. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a small bowl; cool completely. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over gelatin layer. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 279 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Lemony Tropic Layered Dessert
"This is just to cancel the one star from a person who actually rated a DESSERT based on the fact that it was not low fat."
"not low fat!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.