Lemony Tossed Salad
This salad is simple to toss together with garden-fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. The vinaigrette dressing is light and lemony—a refreshing start to any meal, plain or fancy.—Judy Foye, Freeport, Maine
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups ready-to-serve salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl, combine salad greens, tomatoes and cucumbers. In a
- jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients;
- shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.