- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and salt.
- Drain tortellini and broccoli; gently rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve over salad greens; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lemony Tortellini Bacon Salad
"This was so tasty! I was worried that the flavors would clash, but this dish turned out to be one of my favorites!"
"So delicious! I made this salad when it was 106 degrees out and I didn't want to turn on the oven. Thanks, Samantha, for sharing this recipe."
"Whole family really liked this one! Followed recipe as written. Only thing I would change next time is to add a little extra bacon (maybe 6 slices instead of 4)."
"Very good! A new favorite! Followed the recipe exact. Sent leftovers with my husband for lunch and forgot to include the bacon.....he didn't even notice, it's THAT good!"
"Great salad! You can really play around with this and use whatever grilled meat and veggies you have on hand. Wonderful summer meal."