Lemony Tortellini Bacon Salad Recipe
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and salt.
- 2. Drain tortellini and broccoli; gently rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve over salad greens; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup salad with 2 cups greens equals 484 calories, 40 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 693 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.