Lemony Tortellini Bacon Salad
Who says summer meals have to be complicated? We love this tangy, simple and tasty salad on warm summer nights. Add a cold glass of lemonade or iced tea and dinner couldn’t be easier. —Samantha Vicars, Kenosha, WI
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions,
- adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in
- a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and
- Drain tortellini and broccoli; gently rinse with cold water. Transfer
- to a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve over salad
- greens; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup salad with 2 cups greens equals 484 calories, 40 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 693 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon