Lemony Tortellini Bacon Salad Recipe
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano and salt.
- 2. Drain tortellini and broccoli; gently rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve over salad greens; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup salad with 2 cups greens: 484 calories, 40g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Lemony Tortellini Bacon Salad
"This was so tasty! I was worried that the flavors would clash, but this dish turned out to be one of my favorites!"
"So delicious! I made this salad when it was 106 degrees out and I didn't want to turn on the oven. Thanks, Samantha, for sharing this recipe."
"Whole family really liked this one! Followed recipe as written. Only thing I would change next time is to add a little extra bacon (maybe 6 slices instead of 4)."
"Very good! A new favorite! Followed the recipe exact. Sent leftovers with my husband for lunch and forgot to include the bacon.....he didn't even notice, it's THAT good!"
"Great salad! You can really play around with this and use whatever grilled meat and veggies you have on hand. Wonderful summer meal."
"I liked the amount of dressing. I grilled chicken thighs and added bite-size pieces. I like the golden raisin idea. Will make this again. Satisfying but I still wanted more!"
"What a satisfying meal! This is a GREAT salad! Didn't follow to a "t" but the flavor was delicious. My husband added some leftover steak to his salad. He loved it. I will definitly make it again."
"Good summer salad. I skipped the greens, and added Golden raisins ! Combination was great !"
"This was great! The dressing was stellar but there was too much of it. Added onion because my husband and I put onions in almost everything. Also used more bacon because 4 slices is just about enough to tick my husband off! LOL!"
"Great salad. To answer the question, No. Don't add pasta and broccoli while hot, the lettuce greens will wilt. Make sure the pasta and broccoli are slightly undercooked or they will become mushy."
"I had to rate this recipe in order to submit a question. It looks great, but I was wondering if the pasta and salad could be added when hot?"
"Loved the salad. Made as written. I do think next time I'll make less dressing, somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 as directed in this recipe is plenty for this quantity of salad."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.