Lemony Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- 1. Press mashed sweet potatoes through a sieve or food mill. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, water, butter and extracts. Stir in the sugar and sweet potatoes. Pour into shell.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve pie with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 407 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Lemony Sweet Potato Pie
"Very good and easy to make the lemon flavor threw me off a lil but it was actually a pleasant surprise. Definitely recommend you at least try it once before judging it. I'm glad I did!"
"The best sweet potato pie ever!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.