- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- Press mashed sweet potatoes through a sieve or food mill. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, water, butter and extracts. Stir in the sugar and sweet potatoes. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve pie with whipped cream Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemony Sweet Potato Pie
Sort By :
"Very good and easy to make the lemon flavor threw me off a lil but it was actually a pleasant surprise. Definitely recommend you at least try it once before judging it. I'm glad I did!"
"Been making this for years! Best sweet potato pie recipe out there. I don't wait till thanksgiving to make it, I enjoy it all year round! :)"
"This pie is now part of my family thanksgiving every year. Is in very high demand by all my friends and family at all out get togethers. It's wonderfully yummy. I just use canned sweet potatoes it's so easy!"
"The best sweet potato pie ever!"