“This is really easy to make and guests are always impressed. I usually serve this dish with couscous, rice or garlic mashed potatoes along with a vegetable saute or tossed salad.” Pam Nelson — Beaverton, Oregon
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a small skillet, cook onion in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Add the spinach, garlic and vinegar; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread spinach mixture over chicken. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts for Two in Healthy Cooking
Reviews for Lemony Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review