Lemony Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 6-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, cook onion in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Add the spinach, garlic and vinegar; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread spinach mixture over chicken. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Lemony Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts(6)
Sort By :
We liked this a lot. The spinach and caramelized onion had wonderful flavor. Served with whole wheat couscous which worked very well.
Very good, family favorite now!
What a great idea spikexyz.
I would assume the long cooking time is so that the onions become carmelized - yummy!
Onions take a long time to get to a golden brown. I usually saute 3 lbs onions at a time for about 40 minutes, lay them out on a flat metal sheet, freeze them and place them in a zip lock bag. Then I break off a chunk whenever a recipe calls for cooked onion.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Lemon Chicken >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >