“This is a great recipe to serve to dinner guests; it's really easy to make and guests are always impressed. I usually serve this dish with couscous, rice or garlic mashed potatoes along with a vegetable saute or tossed salad.” Pam Nelson — Beaverton, Oregon
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 6-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, cook onion in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Add the spinach, garlic and vinegar; cook until spinach is wilted. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese, lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread spinach mixture over chicken. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemony Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p33
Reviews for Lemony Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review